Today’s post is by another great friend to our family, Dawn Wagner. Dawn’s honesty, humor, and love for those around her is refreshing and authentic. She is an amazing friend and confidant to my wife; which brings me great joy. I am incredibly thankful to have a family, like Matt and Dawn’s, to walk with through life and ministry. This is just a small piece of the wisdom that God has blessed Dawn with…
Isaiah 58 has been an intriguing chapter that God has used in many different seasons of life to stretch me and challenge me in the way I view myself, others, and even the Lord. It amazes me that I can’t read it without having fresh, challenging thoughts emerge – thoughts that convict, challenge, humble, and inspire me – all at the same time. I love that about the Holy Spirit.
As I read through Isaiah 58 today, my eyes were drawn to verse 12:
“Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins;
You will raise up the age-old foundations;
And you will be called the repairer of the breach,
The restorer of the streets in which to dwell.”
At the heart, fasting is the tool God has given us to reach into heaven to “see” Kingdom realities and be empowered to establish his Kingdom on earth. When we fast and pray, following the model shown in Isaiah 58, we have the ability to see God supernaturally restore our community. Somehow, in the denial of food and “favorites,” we are given perspective and power to do His bidding.
- Ask the Lord to develop you to become all he has dreamed for you. Invite him to shape and mold you to be used in supernatural ways to impact our community.
- Pray that the Lord continues to give us his eyes and perspective for our community. Ask him to reveal the broken foundations he wants to repair.
- Ask the Lord to give us favor as we pursue making a difference in our community. Ask him to reveal the areas, connections, and keys to make a difference.
- Ask the Lord to empower us to be the Church he dreams of us to become. Give us, as a corporate body, sensitivity to see what is in the Father’s heart. Ask him to give us a game plan to bring it to pass.
- Pray that the anointing of God would be evident in our corporate gatherings. May the lost become found; the interested become committed; the committed equipped to advance God’s Kingdom.
– Dawn Wagner