18 years ago today, I married my best friend. Danielle is one of the most remarkable individuals I know. She is gifted in so many areas, but the grace she walks in never ceases to amaze me. Danielle has the keen ability to put herself in other’s shoes and feel their joy and pain; she always responds in a way that is loving, truthful, and just. She is my wife, my companion, my lover, and my partner on the journey God has called us on. She is my barometer; my faith in the Lord is my strongest gift, because He blessed me with a woman who is always willing to challenge my ideas and push me towards Him.
The journey thus far would be labeled by many as unstable, yet they only look at the things of this world to determine stability. Danielle and I look to the Lord as our rock and each other (our family) as the stability the Lord has blessed us with. We have;
- Lived in 14 different houses or apartments
- Bought and sold 2 houses
- walked through 2 miscarriages
- had 2 amazing daughters that are created in God’s image and a blessing
- ran a full marathon together
- worked together as a team in ministry and continue to
- lived in Florida, Michigan, and Texas
- walked through significant joy and pain, and sometimes at the same time
- worked through arguments and rough patches
- lived life not for ourselves, but for the Lord
- had too many cats and 2 dogs
- a loving and mutually respected marriage, that is built on serving each other and not our own needs
- walked through this marriage as a team, stronger together, and always will until the Lord chooses to bring us to our forever home.
- chosen a simple life, one with fewer distractions so we focus on our family’s relationships.
We live life with minimal rules to keep things as simple as possible. Our two rules are simply to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, and mind, and to never do anything that would cause resentment between each other. Resentment is the seed of hate, the seed that destroys respect. I will never say we have been perfect in this area, but the Lord has blessed our efforts with grace for each other.
Danielle, you are not my rock, you are not my source, but you are the one who God has blessed me with to walk this time on earth with and you are the one who deserves my faithful and consistent love, respect, and protection. You are an amazing woman, whom I am blessed to share a bed with;).
I Love you,